Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas 2010 in Utah Again

We (my girls and I) were lucky enough to spend the holidays
in Utah with our families again this year. Because Zach has just started his new job, he was only able to join us for Christmas eve and day. But, we made the most of it.

the break started off with a great evening going to see
the Mormon Tabernacle Choir featuring David Archuleta with three very special and important ladies in my life.
our next activity was attending the Christmas carol sing-a-long
at Energy Solutions Arena with my Mom, Dad and three
of my BEAUTIFUL nieces.
(don't mind the bright flash on Avery's face-
apparently, i was too close)

next, we did some BoWliNg! we had a blast!
i can't remember the last time i bowled!
(probably, for good reason-i'm not that good!)
Avery giving me a thumbs up because she got
(what she calls, and I feel too bad to correct her)
her first of three STRIKE-DOWNS! too cute!
she took the game very seriously...
this was Zoe's idea of bowling
next came Christmas Eve with the Wallace side of the family.
we have a great time every year getting together, eating a delicious dinner, enjoying each other's company and, of course, opening presents! here are all the Wallace cousins in their traditional Christmas jammies!
ChRiStMaS MoRnInG!
gotta love Zoe's bed head! i always do!
Avery was sooooo excited about what Santa had brought her
that she ran by me so fast that this was the best picture i got.
blurry pic but you can still tell how excited she was!
she got her very own American Girl doll.
Zoe sampling Avery's doll while Avery was occupied
with something else. very clever, that Zoe.
now on to her own gifts! and i was thankful her
hair was still in good shape!

after opening presents, we headed down to Provo to spend
some much needed time with the Taylor side of the family.
here the kids are playing Christmas bingo.
enjoying opening more presents with cousin Gabe
our next destination was spending New Year's eve and day in Kamas at
my BIL's cabin! we couldn't wait!
this is Avery and Max on the snowmobile heading up to the cabin!
since we've moved to a warmer climate my kids and i don't own any snow attire. so, all our snow clothes had to be borrowed.
hence my figure-flattering one piece snow-suit. i was also wearing
snow boots that were 3 sizes too big and my Dad's hat.
lookin' good, i know.
Avery was under hear somewhere...
appearances aside, we had a blast snowmobiling and sledding.
wearing my awesome outfit was totally worth it!
ringing in the New Year
love this bunch!
overall, we had a GREAT holiday break. we ALWAYS loved spending
time with our families and can't wait to see them again soon!

6 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Love your personality Brooke...the snowsuit is awesome!! It looks like you had a great time with your family...but I'm glad you're back!!!

Kyle, Whitney, Ezra & Jovi said...

How fun! I can't believe how big your girls are, they are so adorable! Hopefully next time you come out this baby will be out of me and we can get together!

The Brown's said...

Wow, you packed a lot of fun in! So glad we were able to see you and your cute girls while you were here. Can't wait till next time!

wallywld said...

Loved the pictures! We had such a great holiday. We were so glad you could spend that much time with us. We really missed Zach, but hopefully he can stay a little longer next year. Miss you so much!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such darling pictures! Looks like you all had a wonderful holiday. I'm glad I got to see you while you were here!

Curtis & Nichole said...

Avery looks so much older to me..maybe it's the great new smile she's sporting :)
Glad you had fun & had a shorter flight! hehe