Monday, November 1, 2010

HaLLoWeEn 2010

I love Halloween for several reasons. The fact that I have to stock up on candy twice before the actual holiday because the first batch of candy is gone. The fact that my kids get to go "trunk or treating" AND "trick or treating." Which in turn means I have twice the amount of temptations sitting around the house for the next month.
And the fact that I get to dress up my kiddos.
Deciding what they'll be isn't too hard. Zoe is whatever Avery was at her age and Avery is whatever cute girl costume I find at TJ Maxx. Let's hope this tradition continues.
So this year Zoe was a duck and Avery was a pirate girl.

Here is the crazy trio at our Ward's "trunk or treat."
enjoying the good stuff
Me: "Zoe, look at Mommy!"
Perfect.
while we were there, Avery lost her second tooth!
the second bottom front one.
(note to whoever made the rice krispie treats:
next time, add more marshmallows.)
On Halloween day, we started off by carving pumpkins.
Actually just one pumpkin.
We weren't feeling too ambitious this year.
the finished product
Next it was dinner and trick or treating with friends.
we couldn't get enough of the view from behind.
the waddle was too funny! (and quite accurate!)
my crazy duo with their darling friend, Ellie. (aka Snow White)
we knew they had had enough when they were willing
to double up in the stroller.
and the look on Zoe's face doesn't exactly scream excitement.
Until next year!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

We love Avie squishy peanut Taylor and Zoe bug!!!! The waddle is classic!!! Love and miss my girls soooooooo much!!!!

Curtis & Nichole said...

Classic.... the cutest duck and pirate I have ever seen :) now that I don't have my HUGE belly :) I am missing my funning partner:)

hope you guys are doing well!

Lindsey said...

So cute! I can't believe that Avery has lost two teeth! Pretty exciting!

Lisa said...

They look so cute!!!! I need to get in on a costume hand-me-down but I don't know how Owen would like the girly costumes.

Lyns said...

They look so cute! You crack me up and I love your sarcasm. You know that's why we really get along. :) Love the duck costume. It really takes me back. :)